Marker in front of the Thomas County, Georgia Courthouse showing Simon D. Hadley
as one of the first justices.
The inscription reads:
"Thomas County was created by legislative acts of Dec. 23 and 24, 1825 introduced by Thomas J. Johnson, and named for Gen. Jett Thomas, War of 1812 hero.
First settlers included John Parramore, Shaddrick Atkinson, E. Blackshear, N.R. Mitchell and John Hill Bryan. The first governing justices were Aaron Everett, Thomas Dekle, Duncan Ray, Simon D. Hadley and A. McMillan.
The home of prosperous farms, beautiful mansions, with industry and culture working side by side.
(Text by Leb Dekle, President Thomas County Historical Society.)"
Photo courtesy of Jo Ann Wood